April, Slumber, Cuba (st)
Silence has been dominant for a while but yehaa, slumber breaks. Some big news to share
- We recent played our first shows for the year, at the fantastic A.E.B in Levin, and Great Job in Palmerston North. Two very warm and supportive venues. We’d been shut away in doors for months working on new songs and now they are ready to road test…so off we go.
- And we have a bunch of shows lines up already, including a jaunt to Sydney in June, and Dunedin in August for Onslaught 11 – details to the right
- We currently have our costume hanging in Thistle Hall, Wellington, as part of the Disrupting the Narrative exhibition. “Disrupting the Narrative is a week-long event incorporating an exhibition of contemporary art, historical material and public talks that seeks to reframe existing narratives about New Zealand’s participation in the First World War and link it to contemporary issues.“
- We have book Munki Studio in early July to start recording the 11 songs for the new album. Really excellent to get this confirmed, and doubly-so to be working with Mike Gibson again, who had his hands securely on the wheel when we recorded Transit.
- And alongside the recording process we will be rolling out a crowdfunding project to help raise a few dollars so we can package the coming album as a pretty piece of art. So needless-to-say, there will be some fine, tasty, and sparkly items to be obtains in various pledge categories – more on that later.